Prior to obtaining his doctorate, Prof. Abdul Aziz has had more than 15 years in the construction and development industry. He is constantly engaged in the areas of procurement, construction management, project management, privatisation and special projects with both private and public-listed construction companies.
Prof. Abdul Aziz and several notable academics are actively involved with UniSZA Consultancy Sdn. Bhd. (UCSB) and UM Consulting Unit (UPUM) to provide consultations for property development, infrastructure, civil and building projects. His latest ongoing involvements are in the areas of Islamic or Shariah Compliance Project Management and Construction, Project Management of Wakaf and Halal Project, where many of these projects are consultancy works, industry-based research, module development and training programmes. His research have been published in journals, monographs, modules and books.
Project management; construction management; operation management; risk management; wakaf and halal management
• PhD (Project Management), Faculty of Engineering, University of Malaya (UM), Malaysia
• Master of Business Management (MBA), New Mexico State University (NMSU), USA
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc. Civil Eng), NMSU, USA
• Diploma in Civil Engineering (Dip in Civil Eng), Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM), Malaysia
University of Malaya (UM); Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT); International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM); University Putra Malaysia (UPM); Universiti Tenaga Nasional (UNITEN); Help University College (HELP); Universiti Technology Mara (UiTM)
Chief Operating Officer; Principal Consultant; Business Development Manager; Business Analyst; Business Development Executive; Business Executive; Sales Engineer; Project Engineer; Engineer; Technical Assistant
• Member, Board of Engineers Malaysia (BEM), Malaysia
• Member, International Institute of Risk Management and Crisis Strategies (IIRMACS)
• Member, Project Management Institute (PMI), USA