Dr. Shahrin has the expertise in transport management and the logistics/freight industry. He has conducted various logistics consultancy work with the government and private sectors.
Some of his previous works include: • Co-writer for the logistics chapter for Industrial Master Plan 3 (IMP 3) (2004-05),
• Technical team leader for the Bumiputera Commercial and Industrial Community Cluster, Innovative Blueprint: CWG: Transport and Logistics by the Economic Planning Unit (2006),
• Leader of a project on Bumiputera Logistics Service Providers by the Economic Planning Unit (2007),
• Research focus related to road rail intermodal between ports and hinterland in Malaysia. His research focused on developing innovative approach to promoting intermodal movement in Malaysia and comparing them with the effective implementation of intermodal movement in European countries (2008 - 2014).
His latest research area is on Halal Supply Chain where he is leading a researcher in four research topics, • Head of project on Guest Satisfaction Index (GSI) for Prasarana Transit Services,
• Chairman for Industry Standard Committee (ISC) for logistics under Standard Malaysia.
Logistic research which encompasses:
• Halal logistics trade facilitation development at the northern border of Malaysia – hard infrastructure (ongoing)
• Halal air cargo logistics regional hub (ongoing)
• Factors influencing potential export logistics gateway diversion in Malaysia's halal product industry (ongoing)
• Level of readiness in adapting halal logistics and its determinants: The case of halal cold chain logistics operational workers in trucking and warehouse department (ongoing)
• Intermodal hinterland container transport to and from Malaysian ports (2014)
• PhD in Infrastructure: Traffic and Logistics, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Stockholm, Sweden
• MSc. International Transport, Cardiff University, UK
• Adv Dip. in Business Administration (Transport), Institut Teknologi MARA (ITM), Malaysia
• Chartered Member, Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, UK (CMILT)
• Deputy Director (Industrial Linkages and Commercialisation), Malaysia Institute of Transport (MITRANS), UiTM Shah Alam
• Senior Lecturer, Centre for Technology and Supply Chain Management Studies, Faculty of Business and Management, Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
• Head of Research and Consultancy, MITRANS